The Student News Site of Flintridge Sacred Heart

Veritas Shield

Veritas Shield

Veritas Shield

Tologs’ summer plans

Photo and illustration by Daniela Munguia ’26.

Tanning on a sunny day, sleeping in, bike rides along the beach and hanging out with friends are all just around the corner as the bright long summer days are nearing. Tologs are counting down the days until summer break and looking forward to their fun summer plans. Some Tologs will spend a summer away from the Hill, while others will spend a few weeks of their break attending summer school and going to sports practices.

I plan to head back to Malaysia, where my family lives, and spend lots of time with my previous classmates, cousins and family,” Chloe Lee ‘26 said. “I am also traveling to Japan, Taiwan and China to meet my international cousins and friends,”

This summer, Lee aspires to spend more quality time with her family and friends while also traveling to many different places. 

“After doing Honors Geometry online over the summer in Malaysia, I realized that summer is the only opportunity to truly spend more time with my family before having to come back,” Lee said. “I believe it would be better to spend my summer doing things I want to do rather than adding more stress,”

Summer is a time Tologs can focus on their well-being to take a break from school stress and focus on stress-relieving activities. 

“I’m looking forward to traveling to Panama the most this summer,” Elianá González ’26 said. “I’m really excited to get to know my own culture a little bit more and travel somewhere new,”

During the summer Tologs have time to work fun jobs as well. 

“I’m going to be working at Starbucks,” said González ‘26.

Along with all this, many Tologs plan to find internships that will help them decide their future careers.  

“I’ll most likely be interning at a medical clinic while exploring my interests through travel. I hope to discover something I can dedicate the rest of my high school years to exploring,” Lee said. 

Summer is also a good time for upperclassmen to start thinking about life beyond high school.

“I’m going to be doing an internship with the LAPD,” said Gonzálaz. With a job and internship, I think that this summer will help me narrow down what I’d like to do as a career in the future and help me gain some experience of what independence is going to entail,” said González.